I get to steal Mini’s thunder for a bit and talk about my own award 🙂
My other blog was already nominated for a Liebster so I am thrilled this blog was as well. The nomination came back in August but things have just sort of been spiraling for a while. I was nominated by Sarah at The Mommy Chronicles. Thank you so much! The award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers that a blogger feels should get some recognition.
There are 4 steps to receiving this award..
- List 11 things about yourself.
- Answer your nominator’s 11 questions.
- Choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions.
- Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
Since this is a blog about my babykins, I’ll state 11 facts about the two of us.
- Mini was a month early. She was due July 12th and was delivered via emergency C-sec on June 15th.
- Our baby pictures are identical.
- Our “thing” is her saying I’m her favorite Mommy and I tell her she is my favorite daughter.
- I’m jealous of her curly hair. My hair was pin-straight until I was 13 when I got a perm and it’s been crazy ever since.
- We LOVE Car Karaoke.
- She calls one of our pugs her “Goo-choo” as in “goo-chee-goo”, what you say to something cute. She has done this since she could talk.
- We took Mini to her first MLB game when she was 3 months old.
- Her first joke was “Knock knock.” “Who’s there?” “Orange” “Orange who?” “Orange juice box.”
- Our favorite snack is chips and dip.
- If I let her, she would live off of macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets and ice cream.
- Mini’s name is Davina Ireland. Her first name means “beloved” and her middle name was where we went on our honeymoon and she was the one souvenir we brought back with us that we didn’t have to declare at Customs 🙂
Now onto Sarah’s questions:
1. What inspires you to blog? Being able to share my thoughts with like-minded people.
2. You’re trapped on an island. What 5 things do you have? My kid, my purse, an ipod, bottled water and Donnie Wahlberg.
3. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate.
4. What is your favorite season? It used to be Fall, but after Sandy (which took our power for 5 days) and a blizzard a few days later, Fall and I aren’t seeing eye-to-eye at the moment.
5. Do you like sports? Yup. Baseball (Go Mets!), Football (Go Giants!) and Basketball (Go Celtics!).
6. Who/What is your favorite band/singer? Def Leppard.
7. What is your favorite book? “The Giving Tree” by Shel Silverstein
8. Will you recommend a movie for me to watch? If you haven’t seen it already, I would definitely see “A Modern Affair”. It’s an interesting story.
9. What is your favorite color? Blue.
10. What is your favorite memory? Singing in church as a teen. I miss my choir director who passed in 1997.
11. How long have you been blogging? About 7 years.
Now for my nominees. For the record, I’m not sure if they have 200 followers or what (It’s hard to tell on some WP blogs), but I love reading these blogs:
2. Ms. MommyHH6
5. Miss Indeedy
Now for my 11 questions for my Nominees.
- Baseball or Football?
- When you’re writing, do you prefer to sit down with a drink (soda, coffee, beer, etc) or food (snack or meal)?
- Do you write out your blog post before typing it up?
- How old is your oldest living relative?
- Last show you watched on tv?
- Favorite cologne or perfume?
- What was the make/model of your first car?
- Who does your family say you look most like?
- Favorite website (not a blog)?
- What’s the best part about the holidays?
- What made you start blogging?
Thanks again for the nomination, Sarah! It is much appreciated 🙂